It’s a change for the GREATER.
Answers to common questions about our RDC Upgrade.
RDC will not be available from March 31, 2017 at 4 PM – 12 PM at April 3, 2017
1. What is RDC?
Greater Alliance RDC allows you to deposit a check using the Greater Alliance Mobile app on your Internet-enabled iPhone® or AndroidTM mobile device or a Tablet, provided your device has a camera. You must enroll for Mobile Banking to take advantage of RDC.
2. Are there any other specifications that need to be met?
You must meet the following criteria to use Remote Deposit:
- Be enrolled in Online banking
- Downloaded and installed our latest mobile app
- iPhone– minimal version 3.10.1
- Android – minimal version 3.13.1
- Must have a share account and meet the credit unions acceptance criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current mailing and residence address on file
3. How should the checks be endorsed? Do I need to include a deposit ticket? How long the deposited check should be retained?
All checks should be endorsed with the payees’ signature. The words, “Electronic Deposit” should be written underneath. Deposit tickets are not required and will not scan. Deposited checks should be retained in a secure area for a minimum of 45 days.
4. What should I do with the check after I’ve completed my deposit?
Write today’s date and the word “Deposited” on the front of the check. Keep the check in a secure place and destroy it after 45 days.
5. Is there a limit to the amount I can deposit using Greater Alliance Mobile Deposit?
YES, there is a limit of $3,000 per day and $3,000 per item. When depositing from a phone the maximum deposit amount will be shown below the balance. The member is not allowed to type over the limit shown.
6. Can I make multiple deposits into my account in one day?
YES, you can make multiples deposits in one day; however the maximum total for the day is $3,000. Anything larger than that, you can come visit us or mail the check.
7. What accounts are ineligible for Remote Deposit Capture?
Any Retirement accounts, Share Certificates and loans
8. What type of accounts can I make deposits to?
Deposits can be made to any share savings or share draft checking account to which the member is an owner.
9. Are there any hold times? When will the deposit be processed?
Accepted deposits can be viewed in the account immediately. There is a 3 business day hold placed on all deposits. The history tab in the Deposit Check features shows the following:
- 180 days of history
- Real time check statuses (pending, accepted, rejected)
- Deposit information
- Front and back check images
If the check is rejected, the rejection reason will be included in the Notes area.
10. What types of checks can be deposited using Remote Deposit?
Personal or business checks drawn on a financial institution and payable in US currency. If the check is payable to multiple parties, all parties must be on the account being credited.
11. Will any other type of confirmation be sent?
We will send you an email when we receive your deposit. If your deposit has been declined you will also receive an email with further instructions.
12. Where do my funds get deposited when I have multiple accounts?
You can deposit the check to any Share Savings or Share Checking account of your choice.
13. Are there types of checks that I may not deposit through Greater Alliance Mobile Deposit?
Ineligible items include:
– Checks payable to any person or entity other than the account owner
– Checks that have been altered in any of the check fields
– Checks that are not payable in US dollars
– Checks that are stale or postdated
– Checks that are stamped “non-negotiable”
– Check or items payable to you and another party who is not a joint on the account
– Any third party check (a check made payable to another party and “signed over” to the depositor)
– Checks that are incomplete ( e.g., any items that does not contain the signature of the maker, endorsement signatures, or other required information).
– Your Personal checks made out to cash are acceptable and any checks made out to cash that is over $500 that are not your personal checks will not be accepted.
14. Can I cancel Remote Deposit Capture?
NO. We cannot customize this service for each individual user. It’s a service available for all Mobile Banking users and you can choose not use the service.
15. Important Tips on Remote Deposit Capture?
When taking a photo/picture of your check, please make sure that the check is flat and smooth and there are no shadows on the check. It is best to take a photo on a dark surface and keep the check image within the view finder on your screen.